Nashville, Tennessee, USA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a Supervising Traffic/ITS Engineer to work in the Nashville, Tennessee, office.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Tennessee or ability to obtain registration within one year is required.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in both public and private traffic/ITS engineering projects;
• Knowledge of and ability to discuss state of the practice and emerging technologies;
• Ability to proficiently design, manage and review ITS projects;
• Ability to oversee and direct project traffic/ITS engineering project tasks and monitor project progress for technical accuracy;
• Responsible for the preparation and quality assurance of drawings for traffic engineering, ITS, project cost estimates, and specifications;
• Ability to work well with other related disciplines and coordinate design activities for timely completion and within resource budgets;
• Willing to work in a team oriented environment.
• Planning of ITS infrastructure for state and local governments;
• Design experience for ATMS, ITS, and traffic signal systems;
• Experience and working knowledge of TDOT Design Standards and Specifications preferred;
• Experience with ITS systems engineering management including requirements analysis, concept of operations, and ITS architecture;
• Experience with advanced traffic management systems including adaptive traffic signal control and transit signal priority systems preferred;
• Other tasks may include wireline and wireless communications design, ITS integration, and shop drawing reviews.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the USA immediately.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation