The field technician is responsible for supporting and integrating traffic signal and ITS products. Products include traffic signal cabinets and auxiliary equipment, various detection technologies (video, radar, inductive loops, etc.), and communications equipment (including serial and Ethernet technologies). Support responsibilities would include taking phone calls from customers and walking them through problems and on-site troubleshooting. Support team to increase communication and sales in the territory. The field technician’s primary state would be Michigan with support on Northern Indiana with a flexible schedule to travel.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of basic electronic principles, safe work methods, observing safety rules and regulations;
• Experience with basic traffic cabinet wiring, and traffic signal systems;
• Skilled in reading and interpreting schematics and blueprints;
• Skilled in troubleshooting and resolving problems related to electronic, electrical, and IT field;
• Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines;
• Ability to us applicable tools and equipment of the trade to perform routine repair and maintenance;
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups;
• Skilled in working with communications equipment including serial and Ethernet technologies;
• The position requires medium to heavy work involving exerting up to 50 lb of force on a frequent basis and exceptional dexterity in operating machinery, tools, or office equipment.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D;
• One year minimum of experience in the electronics, electrical, or IT based fields;
• Good working knowledge of PCs and Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Adobe PDF;
• IMSA Work Zone Safety Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment;
• IMSA Level I Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment;
• College level education in electronics, electrical, or IT based fields is a plus but not required;
• Valid driver’s licenses.
Ability to travel through the states of Michigan and northern part of Indiana. Must provide own vehicle that is kept in good, reliable working order with car allowance package. Must be able to maintain an expense account for travel expenses. Typical travel will be in the state of Michigan to customer sites and job sites, up to 60% travel. Flexible schedule is required.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
Traffic Control Corp. Headquarters
10435 Argonne Woods Dr.
Woodridge, Illinois, 60517
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.