Rocky Mountain Region – preferably Denver CO area
Salary: Base + commission
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling GRIDSMART through the achievement of sales quotas. The Outside Sales Representative/ Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
• Conduct a minimum of 10 - 12 sales presentations and demos per week of travel by physical visits to customer locations with a minimum of two weeks of travel per month.
• Perform effective professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/service(s)while on-site
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base by direct customer visits or through distribution network.
• Effectively sell the benefits and value of GRIDSMART.
• Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
• Build and foster a network of contractors and referrers to create new opportunities for revenue
growth. Actively participate in customer relationships and manage distributors
• Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary
• If needed, secure prospect names and contact information
• Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
• Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner
• Use customer and prospect data from applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness
• Maintain accurate and timely records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation; maintain sales information in the CRM system at least weekly
• Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients, follow up on all bids through to closure
• Detect and effectively communicate competitor activities, market conditions and account intelligence to company executives
• Request sales assistance from executives where needed
• This territory is Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah.