« back to listing
West Coast Regional Sales Manager
Salary: $85k - $95k base salary
To succeed in this role, the Regional Sales Manager will:
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers throughout the region, learn and understand those customers’ business and traffic problems, and recommend specific M.H. Corbin products and applications to solve those problems. This includes providing customers with product and technical information in a timely manner; preparing pricing and delivery information; negotiating agreements within the guidelines for profitability; and providing timely responses to customer concerns and warranty claims.
- Generate sales that meet or exceed annual targets.
- Manage multiple distributors within MHC’s distributor network to assist them in achieving annual sales targets. This includes consistent communication with distributors about product and industry updates, sales expectations and progress and influencing without authority.
- Learn to use MHC products to solve complex traffic problems involving the gathering, processing, and messaging of roadway and weather information to the traveling public.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of competitors, including sales teams, product offerings, and pricing.
- Prepare sales budgets and product forecasts for the region, with a strategic plan to meet or exceed those forecasts.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, including sales call reports, expense reports, and other documentation; maintain sales information in the CRM system at least weekly.
- Work on state specifications for statewide contracts.
- Have an understanding of state by state APL or QPL guidelines.
- This territory is California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales
- Experience dealing with both direct sales and distribution sales channels
- Experience working with state, local, municipalities as customers
- Experience working with project design consultants
- Experience in highway, traffic, construction, or IT hardware industries preferred
- Willingness to travel 50 – 60% of the time for sales calls, trade shows, site surveys
- $85k - $95k base salary
- Quarterly sales commission based on reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Company cell phone
- Vehicle allowance
- Benefits include medical, 401(k) matching, and vacation